Pulau Tailana is one of the stunningly beautiful islands of the remote Pulau Banyak situated about 30km west of Aceh Singkil at the east cost of Sumatra in the Indien Ocean. Pulau Banyak (lot of islands) is a cluster of many mostly uninhabited islands with ginclear waters, white beaches and vast quantities of palm trees.
Tailana’s crystal clear, calm water is home for corals, lobsters and small fishes -the big ones are already on the market. The small tropical island is indeed a great spot for snorkling and relaxing. It belongs for sure to the last Beauties of the world.
Prices on Tailana
Facilities: 125.000Rp per person which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner, tee&coffee all the time, drinking water, fruits, electricity and laundry possibilities.
If you come alone: 225.000Rp per day/night
If you are two of you: 375.000Rp in total per day/night
If you are three of you: 525.000Rp in total per day/night
Activities on Tailana
- Just relax…
- Play volleyball
- Snorkling directly around the island or nearby
- Surfing à la Tailana
- Cocking and eating
- Enjoy the sunset…
How to get to Tailana
Wherever you are, Medan, Bukit Lawang, Banda Aceh, Pulau Weh, Ketambe, Padang, Bukittingi or Lake Toba we can help you to find transportation to Singkil, which is your stepping stone to get to Pulau Banyak:
You can call Mr. Darmawan in Singkil directly, he has shared and private cars around Sumatra:
Darmawan’s Phone: 0062 (0)821 66457040
Darmawan’s Email: dmawan_ email@example.com
Or you just contact the island directly by calling Mr. Mali: 0062 (0)813 60991595.
From Singkil you have different possibilities to come to Tailana:
- The old common way, which can take a very long time is to go to the harbour in Singkil and go by public boat to Pulau Balai, which is the first island in Pulau Banyak from Singkil. The cargo ships are leaving everyday except holidays between 9 o’clock in the morning and two o’clock in the afternoon – and we never know exactly when. The cruise takes around three to four hours and costs around 30.000Rp. If we know, you are on the way to Balai, somebody (mostly Erwin) from our team will waiting for you at the harbour. From Balai it takes around one and a half hours to come to Tailana by chartering a boat, it costs around 150.000Rp per person.
- Twice a week there is a ferry from Singkil to Balai (Tuesday and Saturday). It costs 25.000Rp, it leaves at 11 o’clock in the morning and it takes around three and a half ours.
- You can go first to Haloban which is the closest village to Tailana. This is the cheapest way! But only every two days goes a boat from Singkil to Haloban. It costs 50.000Rp. (Read more about Haloban above.)
- You can charter a speed, which goes directly to Tailana. It’s always better to leave in the morning, it takes between one and a half and two hours and costs 2.000.000Rp.
Contact Pulau Tailana
Manager: Mr. Mali
Mr. Mali’s Phone: 0062 (0) 813 6099 1595
Reka’s Phone: 0062 (0) 821 6569 9220
What’s app: 0043 676 64 90 31
On Facebook there is a group called Pulau Tailana, you are always welcome to join it.